Friday, October 11, 2013

Guest Post: Soloman Briggs and his new book


My name is Solomon Briggs, I've had Narcolepsy with Cataplexy since childhood, yet didn't know what the cause of my troubles were until a handful of years ago. As a child I could not raise my arms while being tickled, through my teens the tiredness disguised itself from me, but not to others, through my 20's I collapsed frequently from Cataplexy. It was during an internet search of "laughter AND paralysis" at age 28, that I first discovered the word 'Cataplexy' and began my journey of grasping the condition, as best I could.



I've recently self-published a book of illustrations, descriptions and factual information on this complicated condition. I hope to spread awareness, as Narcolepsy with Cataplexy is very misunderstood particularly by the general public. Unfortunately this is also the case with many doctors; hopefully it will be beneficial to others out there.




The illustrations intend to portray depth into the experience of living with the condition and emphasises the symptoms. There should be plenty within the book for those with and without the condition.




Soloman's book 'Expressions of my own Narcolepsy with Cataplexy' is available at Create Space and Amazon.com, priced at $14.99 and Amazon.co.uk priced at £11.57. An eBook version is also available at Amazon, priced $9.99. Soloman has his own blog at http://Narcoplexic.com. Good luck Soloman, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment