Friday, September 19, 2014

Narcolepsy UK Conference 2014

The 2014 Narcolepsy UK conference is to take place in Birmingham next month and excitingly, its a two day conference. I attended my first conference last year and it was an amazing experience, truly life changing. I urge anyone who has narcolepsy or supports someone with the condition to consider attending. I promise, you wont regret it. There's enormous power in meeting others who truly understand and so much to learn from one another.

Never attended one before and a little nervous? 

This is completely understandable. Last year I hid in my hotel room the night before the conference, despite being invited to join others I had spoken to at length online for a drink. Why? Pure nerves, with a mind full of questions like...what should I do if someone has a Cataplexy attack in front of me? Is there an etiquette? Is it OK to move them? My advice is to remember that these nerves are perfectly normal, most people have them the first time. As a suggestion, how about arranging to meet another pwn (person with narcolepsy) at the hotel entrance? If you don't know any others, contact me and if I can, I'll walk in with you! Just don't let nerves be the reason for not attending.

Where? When? How much?

The Ibis hotel, Birmingham, B6 4ST
18th and 19th October 2014
Tickets - Adults £30, Young People (aged 12-18) £10, Children (up to 11) free

Further details can be found on the Narcolepsy UK website here.




No comments:

Post a Comment