Sunday, June 16, 2013

Post-it for Narcolepsy

I've had this idea for a while, which was initially inspired by The Operational Beautiful Facebook page and later by Project Unbreakable (TW please note before clicking link that this project focuses upon raising awareness of sexual abuse and therefore contains material that is upsetting). I was saving the idea for the Let's Talk Project (please someone suggest a better name!), but as it has the potential to be a great awareness raising exercise, so thought I'd start it now. With peoples permission, it can always be incorporated within the project at a later date if, no, when (let's be positive now) funding comes through.

The idea is very simple - upload some pictures of post-it notes or similar sized paper describing how narcolepsy affects you in your own words. How does it impact upon you, your family, your relationships, your friendships, your work? Link to Facebook  page here. I think it would be really nice if those who contributed also uploaded some positive words that other sufferers may find inspiring. I
appreciate that not everyone will feel comfortable putting their names to images, in which case feel free to email images to me at crazynarcolepsy@gmail.com and I will upload them on your behalf :-) Some examples of my own post-it notes are shown below. Go on...Post-it for Narcolepsy :-)

UPDATE:
I'm really excited to be taking the Post-it for Narcolepsy project to the Narcolepsy UK conference in London next weekend.  In preparation, I've now listed some questions / themes for folks to respond to. It would be great to have some more contributions to take with me. Direct link to Facebook page is here. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help so far. I really appreciate your support. X

Aged 38 & currently unable to work or drive





Mum to 2, who spends every day
strategically managing symptoms to ensure
 her children get the best of her

15 years & I was never entirely
honest about symptoms...
 


...until 5 months ago :-) 



 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I see that others agree based on the posts to the Facebook page - I hope this idea takes off :)

    ReplyDelete