Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wise words

Yesterday another PWN shared some advice that was given to her by a doctor. These wise words have helped her over the years and I think most of us could benefit from hearing them....

"It's YOUR BODY, YOUR LIFE AND YOUR ILLNESS. Nobody else will have it like you, so do whats right for YOU. Stop feeling guilty, it will only make things worse and add stress."

I personally have to take regular naps throughout the day.  This approach enables me to successfully manipulate periods of wakefulness and alertness to coincide with my children being in my care. This is personal to me and my circumstances, everyone is different...How my symptoms affect me maybe different to how they affect another PWN. We all live very different lives, with differing roles and responsibilities to maintain....WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT and how we learn to cope and manage will be different. There is no right or wrong way, just the right or wrong way for us personally.


Background image by Jacqueline Barkla
One thing that does remains the same for most PWN is that it's all too easy to get caught up in the everyday and forget that we also have to look after ourselves. I'd even go as far as saying we have a responsibility to take care of ourselves. Life is a balancing act and looking after ourselves should be part of that equation. Occasionally we need to remind ourselves of this, stop and really listen to our bodies. I know it's a reminder I would benefit from.


No comments:

Post a Comment